Thursday, June 5, 2014
The theme for this project was mixed media. The mediums I used were acrylic paint, water color, magazine, and real grass. The reason I chose these mediums was because I felt like everyone was using magazine pieces to create something and not an actual picture. My idea for this project was to do a fall mountain picture with the real grass. The only thing I didn't exactly like about this project was how the painted trees didn't blend well with the mountains I cut from the magazine. Over all I was happy with the project and I'm proud of how the grass really makes it complete.
Monday, June 2, 2014
The theme of this project was sticky situation, my medium was acrylic paint. For this project I decided to do cupcakes. To show the repition I switched between the colors of the cupcakes and the dots and striped in the back ground. I first tried doing a watercolor cupcake but couldn't get the bright whites I needed. The repition was probably the hardest, trying to decide if I should do it in the background or in the cupcakes or all over. I enjoyed working with the paint, but had some problems getting the exact shade of one color twice. Over all I am happy about the way the painting came out and would like to work with acrylic paints more in my future.
My watercolor sketch
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
The median I used for the lollipop was colored pencil. I enjoyed using the colored pencils because of how easy it was for me to have control on my darks or lights. I didn't feel like I had a problem using the colored pencil. After using the colored pencil I think I'm going to use it on the next project.
The median for my can was oil pastel. I enjoyed using the pastels and would use them again. I felt like I had good control over the pastels and they were easy to use. I liked how much "room" I have to blend colors and the fact that's it's not too messy. One of the problems I had with the pastels was showing the brights and darks without making it look bad or it would blend too much.
PenMy biggest struggle with this project was getting the legs just right with the shell, they were either too big or too small. Another problem I had was the design of the shell, making the shell look life like and trying to shade with the shape of it at the same time.